Do You Apply Serum Before or After Moisturising?
We take the guesswork out of your daily skincare regime with Brilliance - Dr. Terence Tan's seven-step skincare system for clear, beautiful, and glowing skin.
Should you scrub your face first before cleansing?
And do you put on a serum before or after moisturising?
We take the guesswork out of your daily skincare regime with Brilliance - Dr. Terence Tan's seven-step skincare system for clear, beautiful, and glowing skin. Each step builds upon the last, containing products that form a well-balanced skincare regime that ensures that your skin absorbs the nutrition it needs for optimal results.
The products in each step are specially formulated doctor-grade cosmeceuticals-cosmetic products with medical-grade ingredients. Follow the six steps to better looking skin!
The Brilliance Six-Step Skincare System
Step #1: Cleanse Cleansing is the cornerstone of good skin. It helps to get rid of any residual make-up, impurities, dead skin cells, or excess oil.
Step #2: Renew Our skin has the ability to replace dead skin cells with new ones but as we age, the skin's capacity for self-renewal diminishes drastically. Give our skin the help it needs by scrubbing it to cleanse your pores and to unveil the fresh, smooth skin underneath.
Step #3: Prepare With our face well cleansed and scrubbed, next comes the toner. A well-formulated toner helps to prepare and strengthen your skin's moisture retaining capability.
Step #4: Nourish Lightweight and fast absorbing. That's how we like our serums so that they can be quickly absorbed by the skin for maximum impact. It should be applied before any cream-based moisturiser, which blocks the skin's ability to absorb the nutrients found in serums.
Step #5: Hydrate Everyone knows the importance of hydration. A good facial moisturiser helps our skin stay plump, flexible, resilient, and keeps its outer protective layer in tact. Plus it helps to slow down the aging process, making it less prone to wrinkle formation.
Step #6: Treat Each of us has different concerns. Pigmentation. Acne. Wrinkles. This step is a spot treatment with cosmeceutical creams that you only apply to problem areas to treat skin imperfections.
The Brilliance Skincare Line
(Step #1: Cleanse)
- Acne Buster Wash Formulated specially for oily and acne-prone skin. It contains Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, and fruit enzymes to purify the skin, promote skin renewal, and reduce congested pores and appearance of acne.
(Step #2: Renew)
- Renewal Essence Formulated with Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid to promote skin renewal by gently sloughing off the superficial dead skin layers. It also contains Calendula Flower extract and Aloe Vera to calm acne and help recovery.
(Step #3: Prepare)
- Hydrating Ceramide Toner This ceramide-enriched toner is moisture-rich and helps to rehydrate and strengthen the skin's barrier function. It contains essential plant extracts such as Licorice, Chamomile, and Witch Hazel to clarify and brighten the skin tone, as well as keep the skin soft and supple.
(Step #4: Nourish)
- Diamond Serum (C + B + HA) A gentle, multi-functional Vitamin C formula that contains non-acidic, stabilised Vitamin C and Niacinamide in Hyaluronic Acid base serum that helps to brighten the skin tone, lightens dark pigmentation, and keeps skin clear and radiant. It is also beneficial for aging skin to promote firmness as well as minimise lines and wrinkles.
(Step #5: Hydrate)
- Antioxidant Peptide Moisturiser This firming moisturiser contains Squalane Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C, E, and plant extracts to promote firmness and suppleness of the skin, minimise wrinkles and fine lines, and provide antioxidant skin protection.
- Collagen Repair Moisturiser This highly moisturising cream contains Peptides, Marine Collagen, Ginseng extract, and Vitamin A, C, E to protect, nourish, and revitalise the skin. It minimises visible lines and wrinkles, maintains the moisture balance, and keeps the skin hydrated and supple.
(Step #6: Treat)
- Star Bright Whitening Cream Formulated with Arbutin, Centella, Asiatica Chamomile, Green Tea, and Licorice extracts that work synergistically to lighten dark spots and improve skin complexion. This aqua-rich formulation is enriched with Sodium Hyaluronate for skin rehydration.