Profhilo - 10 Things to Know About the Dermal Filler of the Moment
Talk about the one skincare ingredient that dares to stand firmly side by side to retinol (the holy grail of skincare ingredients) and I will gladly tell you its Hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that loves water. It has the capacity and capability to withhold 1000 times its weight of water. Making it a hydration magnet. For maximum results, it is always recommended to apply your HA product on top of damp skin, as this will guarantee locking in all the moisture for a longer time into the skin.
Why are fillers loved by many? It’s because they all consist of hyaluronic acid. So besides the effect of adding volume to saggy skin, fillers deliver a state of skin radiance and glow as another upside.
Which brings us to Profhilo®, the newest treatment in the ever-growing list of injectables. Below are 10 things you need to know about Profhilo®.
1. Profhilo® is a skin remodelling treatment. Designed for individuals with aging skin that is lacking volume and elasticity. It’s a non-invasive, swift and non-permanent filler that targets skincare rather than beauty or cosmetology adjustments.
2. Profhilo® is a stabilized form of the miracle hydrating molecule hyaluronic acid. When injected, the slow release of Hyaluronic Acid stimulates the skin’s natural synthesis of collagen for plumped and firmed up skin.
3. Profhilo® is strategically placed at five key points on the face, starting with each side just next to the ears, then on to the nasolabial fold (laughter lines around the mouth), chin, under the eyes and on the tops of cheeks.
4. It is especially effective at treating those areas prone to laxity and sagging like the cheeks, neck, chest and décolletage. It hurts, not a lot, but it creates an unpleasant stinging sensation which lasts around 20 seconds. No downtime required.
5. Profhilo® takes a few days before you start to notice any visible improvement, mainly because unlike dermal fillers, the body has to produce the skin-boosting ingredients itself, which understandably takes a while.
6. The radiance boost is one you will have never experienced before from any number of creams, scrubs or serums and it keeps on getting better as the skin produces more and more collagen.
7. A top-up appointment after one month is recommended. If you repeat the process twice a year you will reap an enduring glow. The results from Profhilo® treatments will most often last for up to six months, but results can differ from person to person.
8. Due to the way Profhilo® has been made, it acts as a hydrator rather than a filler, and is therefore fantastic for those with tired, dull and aging skin as it provides overall more plump and luminous skin with improved texture.
9. Profhilo® is advised for individuals from around the age of 30 upwards, who wish to target aging skin. An excellent choice for you if you don’t want to add volume to specific areas, as it instead provides volume and hydration across the skin, giving an overall rejuvenated appearance
* If you’re over 60 your treatment does need to be managed carefully. For example, if there are deep folds present or the skin has lost elasticity, then combination treatments that include Profhilo® may be more suitable. This is why consultation prior to treatment is so important!
10. If you’re looking for very subtle results, this treatment delivers. However, if you’re looking for a lifting of the face, neck or any other area, then a combination approach with fillers, threads or surgery could be recommended.
This article first appeared on Ciin Magazine.